Table of Contents
Samsung Mobile Software Download
Mobile Software – Samsung is a famous South Korean brand. This company has a great leading in the market as they manufacture quality smartphones.
From the top, mid to end Samsung has a wide range of smartphones in different segments. The greatest number of smartphones powered by the Android Operating System. Android refers to a mobile operating owned by Google and created on Linux Kernel.
Today, smart phones with android operating system are on raise. Because of its open source and user friendliness, Android is leading mobile operating system across the world. Users find this more convenient to use.
As it owned by Google, it comes with various updates from time to time. The latest version is Android 10, known as KitKat.
The hardware is the major part in smart phone on which any android version depends. Talking about Samsung, they provide high, mid and low end smart phones.
These high end smart phones must software update from minor firmware to large version updates.
Updating your Samsung software download works like a treatment on your smart phone. These software updates improve the performance, fix the system’s bugs, and bring other major improvements to your Samsung device.
It is very necessary to update your device because various Android versions with particular firmware have bugs. These bugs are the reason behind low performance of your smart phone.
So, if you want improve stability and performance of your Android smartphone, check for the updates regular. Also, updating gives smooth functioning and enhancement to the device.
There are two ways to update the Samsung smartphone with the Android system. In this article, we will discuss these methods. But before let us know some Android Versions.
Android Versions for Mobile Software
1. Android alpha: 1.0
2. Android beta: 1.1
3. Cupcake: 1.5
4. Doughnut: 1.6
5. Éclair: 2.0-2.1
6. Froyo: 2.2
7. Gingerbread: 2.3-2.3.7
8. Honeycomb: 3.0-3.2.6
9. Ice cream Sandwich: 4.0-4.0.4
10. Jelly Bean: 4.1-4.3.4
11. Kit Kat: 4.4-4.4.4
These are some versions of Android Operating System.
Risks in Updating Mobile Software
Updating is a lengthy process and it also has some chances of failure. There are some risks that always involved in updating. Some of them listed below.
1. If you update your smartphone with low battery, then there is a high chance of getting battery drained out. If this happens, you will only have a smart phone with dead state and it is quite difficult to repair that again.
2. Ensure your device backed up, if not then the data will be overwritten. This means you will lose your previous contacts and apps with all the stored files.
3. Updating process gets affected if SIM and SD card are not removed.
4. Don’t cut off the smartphone during this process.
Do this Before Updating
As you read about some risks involved in updating your smartphone. Here I listed some steps that reduce these risks.
1. Check whether the update is available or not. If yes, go through its compatibility.
2. Charge your device (75% small). Updating takes some time, so make sure your device don’t run out of the battery between the process.
3. Make sure you have a proper backup of your data.
4. Confiscate the SIM and SD card from the smart phone.
5. Confirm there will be no letdown in power and network. Prepare your PC proper.
Performing these steps makes the updating process smooth and safe.
How to update Samsung Mobile Software
Whenever an update is available, there will be a notification on your smart phone or tablet. But sometimes, these notifications get missed out or it simpl not comes on your device. In this situation you can check through another process that whether a update is available or not.
Majority of users update their device for better performance and stability of Android Software. As I told before, you can update your Samsung device by two methods.
First, you can update the android software in Samsung through Over The Air (OIA) and the second way is to use Samsung Kies, a software developed by Samsung itself.
Updating through Over The Air (OIA)
For updating the software via OIA follow these steps given below:
1. Create a Samsung account and check for update.
2. Got to ‘Settings’ and click on ‘About Phone’.
3. You will see ‘Software Update’ click on it.
4. The software will search for a stable network connection as Wi-Fi. You can also use your Personal data.
5. If there is a capability for update, it will show ‘Software update available’.
6. Click on ‘Download’.
7. Now, select the ‘Install’ option.
8. You will see downloading status.
9. When the installation process gets completed, reboot your smart phone for safe use.
For minor updates, OTA can used. If OTA updates are available, it will show through notification bar.
Updating through Samsung Kies Software
Most of the users prefer Samsung Kies to update their phones. This can done by connecting your smart phone with PC.
Follow the steps given below to update via Samsung Kies:
1. First, backup your apps, contacts and data.
2. Assure PC has enough battery to stand last till whole process.
3. Download Samsung Kies Software and select suitable operating system.
4. Connect your smart phone and PC through data cable.
5. Let the software recognize the model name of your device.
6. Once it done, a window will appear showing message for update.
7. Click on ‘I have read all the information’.
8. Now click on ‘Allow saving’.
9. Depending upon your network speed, kies will update your software.
10. Make sure you keep the devices on in whole process.
11. At last, click on ‘Ok’.
12. Your update has completed successful. Disconnect the device safe.
USB Driver for Samsung Smartphone
Along with Samsung Kies Software, you get Samsung USB Software. It can be easy downloaded from Samsung’s official website.
It helps to connect the PC and your smart phone.
Samsung USB Driver is available for both 32 and 64-bit versions. For safe use, it should be downloaded from the official website as other sites may harm your system by Malware.
So, we discussed how you can update and download the software successful. In case of crash, you can use the Samsung Kies Software to enable your Android device again.
Hope this article helped you! Comment below and let us know about your experience with updating process.
Disclaimer:- getgadgets.in does not own this App/APK Or Sftware, neither developed nor Modified. We just providing the link already available on internet. getgadgets.in is in compliance with 17 U.S.C. * 512 and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). It is our policy to respond to any infringement notices and take appropriate actions. If your copyrighted material has been posted on the site and you want this material removed, Contact us.